JERK COCONUT FISH WITH MANGO SALSA ft Preedy
Joel is at the grill with Grace Jerk Seasoning making a delicious salmon recipe for his guest, soca star Preedy .
For the SALSA :
1 mango peeled and finely diced.
1 small onion, sliced
1 small tomato, diced
2 – 3 blades shadon beni
5 blades of chives, finely chopped
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and black pepper
For the SALMON :
1½ tbsp Grace Jerk Seasoning Mild
5 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
1½ inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 cup coconut milk
Zest of 1 large lime
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Salt and black pepper to taste
2 (4 oz) salmon fillets, skinless
- For the salsa – Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Keep tightly covered in the refrigerator.
- For the salmon – In a mixing bowl, combine Grace Jerk Seasoning garlic, ginger, brown sugar, lime zest, coconut milk, vegetable oil, salt and black pepper. Add the salmon and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill according to directions. Use a pair of tongs to remove salmon from the marinade and place on the grill. Reserve marinade. Cook the salmon until just cooked on each side, turning once, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the salmon to a serving plate.
- Meanwhile add the reserved marinade to a skillet (which you can place on the grill), bring to a boil and cook until slightly thickened, just about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring intermittently.
- Pour over fish. Serve over rice or mashed potato and top the fish with a little mango salsa.