CAULIFLOWER PIZZA – Chef Charlene Procope-Delph
Courtesy the Fitness Chef, Charlene Procope - Delph on Cup of Joe Caribbean
2 cups cauliflower approx 1 large head
1¼ cups mozzarella cheese
1 large egg
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
¼ cup marinara sauce
1 tsp 24 herb seasoning
10 grape tomatoes
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
Crumbled Blue cheese
- Cut cauliflower in florets and place in food processor, grind until resemble resembles fine grains or powder.
- Cook cauliflower on heat covered with 1/4 cup water for a few min to steam. Cool completely.
- Place cauliflower in a clean cloth and squeeze all liquid out "very important step"
- Add egg, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and 24 herb seasoning. Mix together, dough would be wet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a pizza tray and line with parchment paper. Flatten cauliflower on tray and spread into a pizza shape. Bake pizza dough for 15 minutes , until firm and slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and add sauce and all topping ingredients, top with remaining Parmesan cheese, blue cheese and red pepper flakes. Return to oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and garnish with arugula or baby spinach leaves. Let cool before slicing.