A CUP OF SLOPPY JOE
Joel uses Kiss Coconut Buns to make his interpretation of a sloppy Joe with some Asian flavour on Cup of Joe Caribbean.
1 pack Kiss Coconut Buns
½ lb minced meat (seasoned with salt, black pepper and green seasoning)
1 small onion, diced
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 knob ginger, peeled and minced
2 tsp chilli garlic paste
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
1½ tbsp soy sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
Slices of Swiss cheese
- Prepare the bread bowls: Cut the tops out of the Kiss Bread Coconut Buns, creating a hollow in the centre of the bun. Brush the bread with a little olive oil. Place in a preheated oven ( 350 degrees F) for a few minutes just until the buns are lightly toasted. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil over medium high heat. Add the onions, sauté for 1 minute and then add the minced meat. Cook the meat for a few minutes.
- Add the ginger, chili garlic paste, hoisin sauce and soy sauce. Mix well. Stir in the diced tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spoon a little bit of the meat sauce into the Kiss Coconut Bread bowl. Top with a slice of Swiss cheese. Place in the preheated oven. Bake just until the cheese has melted. Remove and serve immediately.