ASIAN BELLYBUSTER HOT DOGS
2 – 4 Great Foods BellyBuster Hot Dogs
4 large hot dog rolls, lightly toasted and cut halfway through the center
Oil for shallow frying
½ head medium white cabbage, thinly sliced
½ head small red cabbage, thinly sliced
1 medium carrot, grated
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp honey
1 ½ tbsp soy sauce
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1 1-inch knob ginger, peeled and finely chopped
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon chili flakes or pepper sauce
Asian Dressing (optional)
4 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
- Make the Asian Slaw – Place the white cabbage, red cabbage and grated carrots in a bowl. Squeeze a little lime juice over the vegetables and mix well.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the Asian Vinaigrette in a separate bowl. Add to the vegetables and mix well. Set aside for the flavors to blend.
- Mix together the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. A flat griddle pan can also be used. Cook the Great Foods Belly Buster Hot Dogs until seared on all sides.
- Assemble the bellybuster dogs – Spread the Asian dressing on the inside of the split bread. Place the Great Foods Belly Buster Dog along in the bread. Top with the Asian Slaw. Serve and enjoy.