BAKED SALMON WITH BALSAMIC VEGETABLE SAUCE ft Lauryn Williams
Three time Olympic medalist Lauryn Williams helps host Joel to make Baked Salmon with Balsamic Vegetable Sauce.
4 – 6 (4oz) skinless salmon fillets
4 – 6 medium tomatoes
1 large onion, diced
1 large sweet pepper, seeded and diced
1½ tbsp chopped fresh herb of choice eg shadon beni, basil rosemary
½ cup balsamic vinegar
Salt and Black pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper or pepper sauce
¼ – ½ cup olive oil
- Pat the salmon fillets dry. Season with a little salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Dice the tomatoes and place in a bowl. Season with a little salt and black pepper. Add the onion, peppers and herbs and combine.
- Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and pepper sauce or cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spoon a little of the vegetable mixture across the base of the dish. Place the salmon in one layer over the vegetables. Generously top each fillet with the vegetable sauce.
- Cover with foil and place in the preheated oven. Bake for approximately 10 -15 minutes or until the fish is cooked (depends on the thickness of the fish).
- Remove and serve with rice or pasta.