BEER GLAZED BRATS ft 3CANAL
Joel grills up some beer glazed Johnsonville brats in the Big Black Box for 3Canal & The Cut and Clear Crew
1 pack Johnsonville Chorizo Bratwurst Sausages
1 pack Johnsonville Hot Italian Bratwurst Sausages
1 sweet pepper, seeded and diced
1 small onion, diced
1 tbsp oil
1 bottle beer
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp small thyme and shadon beni
1 tsp mustard
½ tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp cornflour dissolved in ½ cup water
Salt and black pepper
- Heat grill according to directions and grill the brats until cooked through (approx. 15 – 20 mins) turning occasionally.
- Place a large saucepan on the grill. Add the oil and heat.
- Add the peppers and onions and cook for a few minutes. Add the beer, sugar, fresh herbs, pepper flakes, mustard and a dash of salt and pepper. Cook until mixture is reduced and begins to thicken.
- Add the cornflour mixture, stirring as you add. Sauce will thicken.
- Slice the cooked brats into 1-inch pieces and add to the sauce. Mix well ensuring the bras are coated with the sauce. Pour onto a platter and serve.