BIG JOE BURGER ft Adrian Kong
Joel makes one of his specialty burgers for saxophonist Adrian Kong which includes juicy pulled pork and burgers from Meats by Linz.
For the Burgers:
2 – 4 Meats by Linz Burger Patties
A few pinches of salt
1 – 2 teaspoons of Linz seasonings
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Slices of cheese
For the Pulled Pork:
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp brown sugar
2 bottles of beer
1 boneless shoulder of pork
1 cup of barbecue sauce
- Prepare and cook pork before making the burgers as in method below.
- FOR THE BURGERS: Heat a heavy frying pan, add oil.
- Sprinkle a little salt and Linz seasonings on both side of the Meats by Linz burger patties. When pan is smoking hot sear patties 2 minutes on one side; then flip patties onto the other side. Place a cheese slice on top each of the patties and cover pan. Allow the burgers to cook for another 2 -3 minutes and cheese melts.
- Build your Burger with lettuce, tomatoes and top with a heap of pulled Pork and serve.
- FOR THE PORK : Mix smoked paprika, ground cumin, salt, pepper, and brown sugar.
Rub over the boneless shoulder of pork. Let marinate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Put the pork in a big casserole dish, or large pot, skin-side up, and pour in 2 bottles of beer.
- Cover with a lid and cook in the oven for between 6 to 8 hours until falling apart. Check every few hours in case it gets dry – if it does, add another beer.
- Take it out of the oven and put the meat in a big dish, leaving the liquid in the casserole. Shred the meat using two forks. Discard any fatty bits.
- Add a cup of a good smoky BBQ sauce to the pulled pork as well as some of the reserved liquid from the baked pork. Mix well into the shredded pork. Use as desired.