CHEESY BACON DIP ft ROME
Joel uses an array of cheese to make this make this hot Cheesy Bacon Dip as a delicious late night snack for celebrity taster ROME
6 slices Great Foods Bacon, halved
2 extra slices Great Foods bacon, quartered
½ medium onion, chopped
¼ cup chopped chives
1 tsp minced garlic
Pinch of salt
½ tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp chili powder
¼ tsp black pepper
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- In a medium saucepan, cook all the Great Foods Bacon until crisp. Crumble the six slices into pieces and set aside with the additional bacon.
- Using the rendered bacon fat in the pan add the onions and cook until tender. You may need to add just a touch of oil. Add the chives and garlic. Stir to combine and cook for 1 - 2 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper. Mix in the pepper sauce. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking dish lightly with cooking spray.
- In another bowl, mix together the cheeses, crumbled bacon and mayonnaise. Add the cooled onion mixture and mix thoroughly. Place the mixture in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining bacon on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until the mixture is bubbling and golden brown. Remove from oven and serve immediately with your favourite tortilla chips, toasted bread slices, vegetables and/or crackers.