CHEESY CHICKEN BACON QUESADILLAS
2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut in small cubes
Salt and black pepper
½ tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp oil
3 – 4 slices bacon
1 sweet pepper, seeded and diced
1 small onion, diced
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
½ tsp paprika
Pinch of salt and pepper
½ tsp pepper sauce
1 pack Anchor Processed Cheddar Cheese Slices
1½ cups grated Anchor Edam Cheese
2 oz Anchor Butter, Unsalted
8 – 10 flour tortillas
- Season the chicken with cumin, salt and black pepper. Let marinate for ½ hour. Heat the oil in a saute pan and cook the chicken. Remove and set aside.
- In a pan cook the bacon until fairly crisp. Remove and chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- In the same pan with the hot bacon fat, heat over medium high heat. Add the onions, mushrooms and the sweet peppers and cook just until the vegetables are tender. Add the paprika, salt, pepper and pepper sauce. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Remove from heat.
- Begin to assemble the tortillas. Place a flour tortilla flat on a board. Place a couple of the Anchor Processed Cheese Slices in one even layer on the tortilla. Evenly top the cheese with some of the chicken. Sprinkle with some of the vegetables and chopped bacon. Top with some of the grated Anchor Edam Cheese. Top with another tortilla.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add a little of the Anchor Unsalted Butter and let melt . Place the assembled quesadilla in the pan, pressing down as the cheese begins to melt to seal the quesadilla. After 1 – 2 minutes, carefully flip the quesadilla over and let crisp a bit on the other side. The quesadillas should be a bit crisp and the cheese melted.
- Remove and repeat until done. Cut the quesadillas into triangular shapes and serve with sour cream, and salsa. Avocado or guacamole is also a good addition. Serve warm.