CHICKEN & QUINOA STUFFED PEPPERS ft Melly Rose
4 large sweet peppers, halved and seeds and tops removed
3 cups cooked Regal Quinoa
1½ cups diced cooked chicken
1 cup cooked black beans
1 cup whole kernel corn
2 – 3 small tomatoes diced
3 – 4 blades shadon beni, chopped
½ cup salsa
2 – 3 garlic cloves minced
1 tsp cumin/geera powder
¾ grated cheddar cheese
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Extra grated cheddar cheese for top
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Rub the peppers with a little olive oil.
- Place the cooked Regal Quinoa in a large bowl. Add the black beans, corn and tomatoes to the quinoa. Add the chopped shadon beni, garlic and a little salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add the salsa, feta cheese and chicken and mix again.
- Mix in the grated cheddar cheese.
- Place the quinoa mixture into the peppers and place them in the baking dish. Top generously with some extra grated cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until the peppers have softened and the cheese is golden brown. Remove and serve as desired.