COCONUT CURRY JERK SALMON ft Whitney Husbands
2 (4 oz) salmon fillets, skinless
Salt and black pepper
Few dashes pepper sauce
1 tbsp curry powder
2 whole cloves, garlic
1 tbsp oil
For the sauce:
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp ground geera/cumin
2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp chopped shadon beni and chive
1 can Grace Coconut Milk
1 heaping tbsp Grace Jerk Seasoning
1 large, sweet pepper, seeded and sliced
1 tbsp corn flour dissolved in ¼ cup water
- Cut the salmon into chunks. Season with the salt, black pepper and pepper sauce. Set aside for approximately half hour.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the whole cloves of garlic and let burn in the oil. Reduce heat to medium high. Add the curry powder and stir into the oil about 30 secs – 1 min. Add the salmon chunks, mixing into the curry. Let cook for 1 – 2 minutes and remove from the pan. Set aside.
- In the same pan add another 1 tbsp oil to heat. Add the curry powder and geera and stir into the oil, cooking for about 1 minute. Add the sweet pepper, fresh herbs and garlic. Mix well.
- Add the Grace Coconut Milk and the Grace Jerk Seasoning. Mix well and let bubble for a few minutes. Season with a little salt and black pepper.
- Add back the salmon to the coconut curry milk and gently mix. Add the cornflour mixture, stirring well as the mixture bubbles and thickens. Cover and let cook for 1 – 2 more minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve ideally with basmati or jasmine rice.