COCONUT MACKEREL VEGETABLE RICE ft Chef Sharaz & Jus Jase
Joel makes this flavorful rice with Grace Mackerel and Grace Coconut Milk #100years
1½ cups parboiled rice
1 can Grace Mackerel in Tomato Sauce
1 can Grace Coconut Milk
½ cup water
1 medium onion, peeled and diced
½ cup diced carrots
1 large sweet pepper, seeded and diced
1 tbsp green seasoning
1 tsp chopped garlic
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat the coconut oil in pot over medium high heat. Add the onions, carrots and sweet pepper with a little salt and black pepper. Cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic and green seasoning and cook a few seconds more.
- Drain the Grace Mackerel and reserve the liquid. Add the mackerel to the vegetables, flaking the fish in the pot while mixing into the vegetables.
- Add the rice to the vegetables and mackerel and mix well.
- Mix together liquid from the mackerel and the Grace Coconut Milk. Add to the rice and stir. Add the water. Bring to a boil then turn the heat down to medium. Cover and let cook for 7 – 10 minutes or until the rice has absorbed the liquid, stirring intermittently.
- Once rice has cooked and liquid absorbed, turn off heat. Fluff the rice with a fork. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary and cover until ready to serve.