COFFEE ROASTED BEEF SIRLOIN
After getting his sirloin weighed and cut at Malabar Farms Gourmet, Joel roasts it in a flavorful, savory coffee brine.
1 4 -5 lb beef sirloin
1 cup brewed coffee
1 cup water
2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
4 – 5 bay leaves
2 – 3 tbsp oil
- Season the beef sirloin with salt, black pepper and green seasoning. Let marinate for at least half hour or the roast can be refrigerated up to overnight. Ensure the beef is at room temperature before baking.
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven or oven friendly pot over high heat. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Sear the beef on all sides in the oil, until browned.
- Add the onions, coffee, water and bay leaves to the pot. Cover the pot and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 4 – 6 hours depending on the size until the beef is fork tender.
- Remove and let rest for 10 – 15 minutes before removing the beef and placing on a serving platter.