COUSUMAE BUDDHA BOWL RECIPE
Courtesy Natalie, co-founder of Cousumae on Cup of Joe Caribbean
Cooked Rice of your choice – we used Jasmine
Steamed veggies of your choice – we used Broccoli
Cousumae Veggie and Bean Pattie of your choice – we used Black-Eyed Pea
Cousumae Toum Vegan Garlic Spread/Sauce
Fruit salsa – we used pineapple, pawpaw, onions and shadow beni, lime and salt
- Chop the pineapple, pawpaw, onions and shadow beni. Mix with half a lime and some salt. Set aside in the refrigerator while you prepare the other items.
- Cook the rice of your choice as you normally would. Once the rice is finished, let the rice sit for 5 minutes. Take 1 cup of cooked rice (8oz.) and add to a mixing bowl. Then add 1 tablespoon of Cousumae Toum garlic spread to the cooked rice and mix. Note: you can add more or less Toum Garlic depending on your preference. Set this aside.
- Steam the veggies with no salt. You can add salt if you would like, it is our preference to have it with no salt. Set aside the steamed veggies.
- Add oil of your choice to a frying pan. Take a frozen Cousumae Veggie and Bean (never defrost) and add to the room temperature oil. Turn the fire on medium and wait. Do not touch the pan, do not touch the patty. Wait 5 mins. Turn the patty over using 2 forks or a spatula and cook for a further 3 mins. If you would like to cook further to get more crispy, you can flip one more time for 3 mins. Once the patty is fully warmed (the patties come fully cooked) you can set aside for 5 mins.
- Plate the buddah bowl in a bowl or a plate. Add a dollop of Cousumae Toum on the veggie and bean patty and enjoy.