Joel localizes the classic steakhouse side dish using patchoi instead of spinach.
1 bundle patchoi
2 oz butter
1 medium onion, diced
3 – 4 cloves garlic, minced
3 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup heavy cream or half and half
½ tsp pepper sauce
Salt and black pepper to taste
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the patchoi and cook for a few minutes until tender. Add the garlic when the patchoi begins to wilt. Season with a little salt and black pepper.
- Stir in the cream cheese and cream and mix into the patchoi. Cook stirring occasionally until the cheese is melted and smooth.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and pepper sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve hot.