CREAMY ROASTED PEPPER AND CUCUMBER SOUP
3 – 4 large cucumbers
2 large green sweet peppers
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp green seasoning
3 – 4 blades of chive
½ tsp pepper sauce
Salt and black pepper
4 – 5 cups water or chicken/veg stock
1 oz butter
½ cup heavy cream
- Peel the cucumbers leaving just a bit of peel on them. Cut into chunks.
- Roast the peppers over an open flame until the skin is blackened. Place the peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let steam for a few minutes and remove. Remove the seeds and peel the pepper and chop.
- In a large pot add the cucumbers, water or stock, onion, garlic, green seasoning, chive, pepper sauce and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and let cook for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Add the roasted peppers and butter and let cook for 1 -2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- In batches, puree the soup mixture until smooth. Pour the soup back into the pot. Add the cream and mix well. Let heat through. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve hot.