CREAMY SHRIMP AND PATCHOI SAUCE – Lisa Sarjeant -Gonzales
Made for fabric designer/broadcaster Lisa Sarjeant -Gonzales
1 lb medium or large shrimp peeled and deveined
1 tsp green seasoning
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
Few dashes pepper sauce
1 large pack patchoi, chopped
1 medium onion, diced
3 – 4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp fresh green seasoning
2 – 3 tomatoes, diced
½ cup white wine
2 – 2½ cups heavy cream
2 tbsp oil
2 oz butter
Salt and black pepper
- Season the shrimp with green seasoning, salt, black pepper and pepper sauce. Let marinate for 15 mins – ½ hour.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and quickly cook 1 – 2 minutes on either side, just until the shrimp turn opaque. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add just a little more oil and heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the patchoi and mix into the onion and garlic. Let cook until wilted and beginning to soften. Season with a little salt and black pepper.
- Stir in the tomatoes into the patchoi mixture. Add the wine and let the wine reduce a bit.
- Add the cream to the vegetables. Stir ever so often as the cream begins to thicken. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. If the cream becomes too thick, add a little more cream.
- When the mixture has thickened, add the shrimp and any extra juices. Stir into the sauce and let heat through. Taste and adjust if necessary. Serve hot over spaghetti or rice.