CRISPY SHRIMP with HONEY DRIZZLE
12 – 15 extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Salt and black pepper
½ tsp pepper sauce
Few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
Juice of 1 large lime
1½ cups Panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp paprika
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 cup flour
Oil for frying
½ cup Herbwai Honey
½ tsp ginger powder
½ tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp finely chopped shadon beni
- Place the shrimp in a bowl. Season with a little salt, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce. Let marinate for half hour. Just before breading squeeze the lime juice over the shrimp.
- Combine the honey, ginger, red pepper flakes and shadon beni in a bowl. Add a little salt and black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Set up a breading station. Place the flour, eggs and panko breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Season the flour with salt and black pepper. Add a touch of pepper sauce to the eggs and mix well. Add the paprika and a little salt and pepper to the breadcrumbs and mix well.
- In batches coat the shrimp first in the flour, then egg and then the breadcrumbs, ensuring the shrimp is completely coated at each stage.
- Add enough oil in a frying pan to cover and rise about ½ inch in the pan. Heat over medium high heat.
- Fry the shrimp in the hot oil in small batches, turning intermittently until golden brown and cooked through.(Approximately 1½ minutes on either side). Place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Place the shrimp in a serving bowl while warm. Drizzle generously with the honey glaze and serve.