GARLIC AND ROSEMARY ROASTED LAMB LEG
Joel makes this tender and flavorful roast with a bone in lamb leg from Malabar Meats Gourmet.
1 lamb leg
Salt and black pepper
8 – 10 Garlic cloves
2 – 3 extra garlic cloves cut in quarters
2 large onions, peeled and chopped in large chunks
4 – 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
2 cups beef stock
1 cup water
1 tsp Bisto Gravy Granules
- Season the lamb leg with salt, black pepper and green seasoning. Using a sharp pointed knife, make a few slits in the leg and insert the quartered garlic cloves. Rub the leg with olive oil. Let marinate for at least half hour or the leg can be refrigerated up to overnight. Ensure the lamb is at room temperature before baking.
- In a large baking dish, place the onions, garlic cloves, rosemary sprigs and carrots in a even layer on the bottom of the dish.
- Place the lamb leg on top of the bed of vegetables. Pour the beef stock and water into the dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 4 – 5 hours until the lamb is tender. Remove and let rest for 5 – 10 minutes before removing the lamb and placing on a serving platter.
- For the gravy – place the extra liquid from the lamb in a pot. Place over medium high heat on the stove. Add 1 tsp Bisto Gravy Granules and let come to a bubble, stirring occasionally. Mixture will thicken a bit. Pour into a small bowl and serve alongside the lamb.