HAM & POTATO FRITTATA – Nessa Preppy
Joel creates this satisfying frittata for soca star Nessa Preppy
3 – 4 slices Mac Foods Ham
Extra slice of MacFoods Ham, cut into strips
3 small eggs, lightly beaten
1 medium potato, peeled and diced into small cubes
½ small onion, diced
2 large cloves garlic, minced
3 – 4 fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
¾ cup chopped kale or spinach
½ cup grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp green seasoning
Salt and black pepper
1 – 2 tbsp olive oil
- Place the diced potatoes in a pot with water, bring to a boil and cook approximately 5 minutes or just as they start to get tender. Drain and set aside.
- Chop the MacFoods Ham into small cubes.
- Season the beaten eggs with a little salt and black pepper. Add the green seasoning and the milk and mix well. Mix in the grated cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a small non-stick frying pan. Add the onions and the potatoes. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes. Mix in the garlic. Add the mushrooms and kale and cook for another 1 – 2 minutes. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the MacFoods Ham and mix into the vegetables. Pour the egg mixture into the frying pan, mixing into the vegetables. Top decoratively with the extra MacFoods Ham strips.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 10 – 15 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Remove from oven and slide onto a serving plate. Garnish with salad greens and serve.