HERB BUTTER BAKED CHRISTMAS TURKEY ft Moricia & Nigel
Joel simplifies baking the Christmas Turkey with the help of products from Malabar Farms Gourmet Store.
1 whole turkey (10 -12 lbs)
3 – 4 tsp green seasoning
Juice of 1 – 2 limes
For the butter:
8 oz butter
1 tbsp Schwartz Paprika and Pepper Season All
1 tbsp Schwartz Rosemary
1 tsp Schwartz Thyme
1 tsp pepper sauce (optional)
Kitchen twine for tying
Christmas Sausage Turkey Stuffing – click here for recipe
- Defrost turkey as instructed on package.
Squeeze the juice of 2 limes into a large bowl of water. Wash and clean the turkey using the lime water. Ensure that the cavity of the bird is totally clean. Place in large dish. Pat dry.
- Season the turkey with salt, black pepper and green seasoning. Squeeze the lime juice all over and inside the cavity of the turkey.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the butter. Using your fingers to get delicately under the skin, inserts pats of the butter under the skin, especially under the turkey breast, legs and thigh. Try spreading the butter as far under the skin as you can. Use just half of the butter.
- At this point cover with plastic wrap and foil and refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate the remaining butter.
- Let turkey and the butter come to room temperature. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place turkey in roasting pan, breast side up.
Fill cavity with stuffing. If cooking the neck, place it at the side of the bird.
- Rub the remaining softened butter all over the turkey. If using twine, tie the feet together and tuck the wings under the breast.
- Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven using an average of 25 minutes per pound. Halfway through cooking, baste with some of the turkey drippings in the pan. Approximately 20 – 25 minutes before end, remove the foil to allow browning.
- Remove from oven and let cool before carving. Remove stuffing and serve alongside the turkey.
Refrigerate any leftovers.