NUTTY CRUSTED FISH
Joel adds the crunch of Regal Almonds to this flavorful fish dish for calypso/soca artist Aaron Duncan and hos mom Lydia.
4 – 6 whitefish fillets
Salt and black pepper
Few dashes pepper sauce
½ cup Regal Whole Almonds
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tsp yellow mustard
1 tsp green seasoning
½ tsp paprika
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pound whitefish fillets
- Season the fish with a little salt, black pepper and few drops of pepper sauce. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet or baking dish.
- Place the Regal Almonds in a food processor and pulse until the nuts are chopped into small pieces but not powdered. Mix the nuts with the breadcrumbs along with a pinch of salt and black pepper in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, blend together the mayonnaise, mustard and green seasoning.
- Using a pastry brush, brush an even layer of the mayonnaise mixture on one side of the fish. Dip that side in the nut and breadcrumb mixture, ensuring that side is well coated. , Arrange Place the fish coated side up on the greased baking sheet.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until fish is easily flaked with a fork and coating is golden brown.