OPEN FACED SARDINE MELTS – Joshua Regrello
2 cans Grace Sardines
2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper
Juice of ½ lime
Grated cheddar cheese
Thin slices red onion
Slices of bread
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the whole Grace Sardines on a plate and season lightly with salt and black pepper, garlic and lime juice.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Top each slice with the grated cheese, then some tomato slices. Place a whole Grace Sardine on top of the tomato slices. Place a few slices of red onion over the sardines.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 5 – 7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove and serve immediately.