PASTA WITH VODKA SAUCE ft Preedy
Jase and Joe show soca star Preedy how to make this romantic pasta dish for his wife Tiffany.
1½ packs Roma Penne Pasta
2 tbsp Bertolli Olive Oil
1 oz butter
1 small onion, diced
10 – 12 cremini or white button mushrooms, sliced
3 – 4 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and black pepper
1/3 cup Absolut Elyx Vodka
½ can Hunt’s Garlic and Herb Pasta Sauce
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese
½ – ¾ cup reserved pasta water
- Cook the Roma Penne Pasta as directed. Drain and set aside, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Heat the Bertolli Olive Oil and butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and cook for another minute or two. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the vodka, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the Hunt’s Pasta Sauce, mixing well. Let bubble for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese. Mix until well combined. Add the pasta and mix well, using a little of the reserved pasta water to get a desired sauce consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Place pasta in serving bowl/s and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese or Kraft Italian Blend Cheese