PASTELLE BALLS ft Morcia and Nigel
Joel makes what he calls his "lazy man" pastelle bites for musical couple Moricia Cagan and Nigel O'Connor
1¼ cups Mamacita Cornflour
4 cups hot water
1 tsp all purpose seasoning
2 oz butter
½ lb minced meat, seasoned (salt, black pepper, green seasoning, garlic)
1 medium onion, diced
3/4 cup Regal Raisins
¾ cup chopped olives
½ cup capers
2 – 3 pimento peppers, seeded and diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Add the butter and all purpose seasoning to the hot water and stir until the butter is melted. Place the Mamacita Cornflour in a bowl. Add the water, about 2 cups at first mixing continuously and add more water mixing to form a smooth but soft and pliable mixture. The mixture should hold together to form a ball.
- Add the meat mixture and mix well.
- Form the mixture into even sized bite sized balls, approximately 1 inch. Place balls on prepared baking sheets. Drizzle a little extra olive oil over the balls.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 20 – 25 mins. Remove and serve with preferred dip.