QUICK RED BEANS SOUP ft Preedy and Tiffany
Joel makes a hearty Red Beans Soup for the newlyweds, Preedy and Tiffany Chance with some help from some products from Grace Foods
2 cans Grace Red Beans, drained
4 – 5 pieces pigtail
3 – 4 pimento peppers, seeded and chopped
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 lb yam, peeled and chopped
1 medium dasheen, peeled and chopped
½ lb pumpkin, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp chopped herbs (thyme, chives, shadon beni)
1 pack Grace Chicken Flavoured Soup Mix
1 can Grace Coconut Milk
3 – 4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 scotch bonnet pepper
Salt and black pepper
2 tbsp oil
- In a large pot, heat the oil over high heat. Add the pigtail pieces and let cook allowing the fat to render, approximately 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the provisions and mix well. Cook for another 1 – 2 minutes. Add the pimento peppers and garlic. Season with a little salt and black pepper.
- Stir in the pumpkin and green seasonings. Add enough water to cover the ingredients.
- Add the Grace Chicken Flavoured Soup Mix, the Grace Coconut Milk and the scotch bonnet pepper. Let this cook for 15 – 20 mins or until the provisions are cooked, stirring intermittently. You may need to add a little more water if the soup begins to get too thick.
- Add the Grace Red Beans and mix well.
- Shape the spinners/dumpling dough into small balls and add to the soup. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Let simmer for 5 – 10 minutes to allow the dumplings to cook. Serve.