SALMON IN SPICY TOMATO SAUCE ft Keevo
Keevan Lewis aka Keevo joins Joel in the kitchen to make this flavourful seafood dish
3 to 4 Salmon Fillets, skinless
1 cup of Tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
6 to 8 fresh Tomatoes diced
1 large onion chopped
3 to 4 Garlic cloves minced
3 to 4 pimento peppers seeded and chopped
1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
1 cup vegetable or seafood stock
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon geera powder
1 teaspoon cayenne
- Season salmon with spice rub.
- In a pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil and sear salmon on both sides no longer than a minute and set aside.
- In the same pan sauté onions, garlic and pimentos : add spice mixture and let cook for 1 minute.
- Add the fresh tomatoes, canned tomatoes, tomato sauce and stock and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Return salmon to sauce and allow to cook for a further 5 to 7 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Remove from heat and serve over rice.