SEARED SALMON BITES WITH ASIAN DIPPING SAUCE ft LYRIKAL
2 – 3 (6 – 8 oz) salmon fillets, skinless
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
1 tbsp chopped shadon beni
2 tbsp oil for frying
For the dipping sauce:
¼ cup light soy sauce
3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 tbsp chili garlic paste
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp minced shadon beni
2 blades chives, thinly sliced
- Cut the salmon into bite sized chunks and place in a bowl. Season with a little salt and black pepper. Mix the ginger and the shadon beni. Set aside to marinate for approximately half hour.
- Make the sauce – Place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until combined. Set aside.
- Heat the oil over high heat in a large shallow frying pan.
- Place the salmon chunks in the hot pan in an even layer, being careful not to crowd the salmon. You may need to sear in two batches, depending on the size of the pan. After 1 – 2 minutes, depending on the size of the chunks, flip onto the next side and cook for another 1 – 2 minutes until just cooked through.
- Place the salmon on a serving platter and serve with the dipping sauce. Enjoy.