SPICED BBQ PORK RIBS ft GI
Joel makes these mouthwatering ribs for three time Chutney Soca Monarch GI Beharry.
1 rack Hormel Pork Ribs
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
½ cup prepared bbq sauce
- Remove the skin lining the back of the ribs and discard. Place the ribs in a large roasting pan.
- Combine all the spices, salt and black pepper. Season the ribs on both sides with the spice mixture, rubbing it into the ribs. Cover and ideally refrigerate overnight or let marinate for at least a few hours.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place ribs in the preheated oven covered and bake for 2½ - 3 hours.
- After the full baking time, remove from oven and uncover. Increase the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Baste with the barbecue sauce and return to the oven. Bake for approximately 12 – 15 minutes and remove. Baste with an extra layer of bbq sauce. Cut in portions and serve.