SPICY HAM & TURKEY MELTS
Joel selects some Hormel Meats to be sliced as well as an array of cheese at Malabar Meats Gourmet for his hearty breakfast sandwich melt.
Slices of Hormel deli ham
Slices of Hormel Smoked Turkey
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup fresh button mushrooms, sliced
2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp olive oil
½ tsp smoked paprika
Chipotle Mayonnaise – 2 tbsp mayonnaise mixed with 1 tsp Waitrose chipotle paste
Salt and black pepper
Slices of cheese – we used Havarti and Red Leicester
Bread rolls, halved
- Heat the butter in a medium sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 1 – 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and mix well. Season with a little salt and black pepper. Add the smoked paprika and garlic. Cook for a couple minutes until the tomatoes soften. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread the bottom half of the roll with the chipotle mayonnaise. Layer a few slices of ham and turkey on top. Spoon some of the tomato mixture on top of the ham and turkey. Cover with cheese slices.
- Place the two bread halves in the preheated oven. Bake until the cheese is melted. Remove and squirt some mustard over the cheese if using. Cover with the toasted top half. Cut diagonally in half and serve.