STUFFED CHOCOLATE DELIGHT – Chef Cheryl-Ann Shortt-Charles
Courtesy Chef Cheryl-Ann Shortt-Charles from Cup of Joe AFTER DARK
6 white bread slices
1 ½ cups chocolate chips
½ cup peanut butter
Oil for frying
- Cut off the ends of the bread, using a rolling pin flatten the slices very thin and set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips.
- Mix egg with a little water till combined.
- Place melted chocolate and peanut butter to the center of the thinned sliced bread, using the egg wash brush the ends of the bread then fold to enclose, using a fork press to seal the ends. Set aside until all the slices are filled.
- Place oil in a pot over medium heat once oil is hot fry the stuffed bread until golden brown, remove from oil and rest on paper towel.
- Remove from paper towel once slightly cooled and drizzle with some of the melted chocolate or dust with icing sugar and enjoy.