SWEET POTATO FRY BAKE
2½ cups Lion Fry Bake Mix
1 medium to large sweet potato
½ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
Water for mixing
Oil for frying
- Boil or roast the sweet potato until cooked through. Peel and mash the sweet potato until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the Lion’s Fry bake Mix in a large bowl. Add the salt and sugar and mix well.
- Add the mashed sweet potato and cut into the fry bake mix using hands or a fork. The mixture should be loose and crumbly. Add enough water to bring the dough together and make a soft but not sticky dough.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface (use some extra fry bake mix). Knead the dough for 5 – 7 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the dough into even pieces and form into even balls. Roll each piece into small circles about 5 -6 inches in diameter and approx. ¼ inch thick.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Fry a few at a time until puffed and golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve with your favourite fillings.