THREE CHEESE MUSHROOM AND BACON MACARONI PIE
1 large pack of macaroni elbows or shells
1 block (8oz) Kraft Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 pack (8oz) Kraft Creamy Melt Mozzarella
½ cup Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 ½ cups fresh sliced button mushrooms
5 – 6 slices of bacon
1 onion, diced
2 oz butter or margarine
2 – 3 tbsp flour
2 cups milk
Pinch salt and black pepper
½ tsp pepper sauce, optional
Extra grated Kraft Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese
- Cook the macaroni shells in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a saucepan over medium high heat, just until crisp and the bacon fat has rendered. Remove bacon, chop and set aside.
- In the same pan with the bacon fat, add the onions and mushrooms and let cook for a few minutes just until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Add the butter or margarine to the same pan and melt. Add the flour and mix well. This will form a paste called a roux. Add the milk and continue stirring until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the Kraft cheeses, stirring well until smooth. Season with a little salt and black pepper. Add the mustard and pepper sauce if using. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Add back the cooked mushrooms and stir well, follow by the chopped bacon. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Add the cheese sauce to the macaroni and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pour the macaroni mixture into a lightly greased baking dish and sprinkle the top with the extra grated Kraft Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let rest for 5 minutes before cutting.