Courtesy Chef Anslem Allette on Cup of Joe Caribbean
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup Regal Castor sugar
2 teaspoons Regal Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, beaten
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup candy melts
1 cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and lightly spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients.
- Combine the buttermilk, beaten eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir in the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a large zip top bag and snip the tip to easily pour into the donut pan. It will fill 12 donut wells evenly. You can also use a piping bag if you have one.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown.
- While they are cooling, to a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil and microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then microwave another 30 seconds (as needed) and stir until smooth. Prepare the candy melts as directed.
- Dip each cooled donut into the melted chocolate or other glazes and immediately top with sprinkles, chopped Regal Pecans or Walnuts, bacon or chocolate chips.