COCONUT SWEETBREAD – Chef Cheryl
Courtesy Chef Cheryl – Ann Shortt-Charles
2 ½ cups flour
2 ½ teaspoon Regal Baking Powder
1 cup grated coconut
½ cup Regal Raisins
½ cup mixed fruits
1 ½ cups Regal Caster Sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
½ cup melted butter
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp water
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a loaf pan and line with greaseproof paper. Set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix until completely combined.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Place the wet ingredients into the dry and combine until completely mixed. Pour into lined baking pan
- Place in preheated oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Combine water and brown sugar: set aside.
- Remove sweet bread from the oven once golden brown, brush the sugar mixture over the sweet bread place back in the oven for a further 5 minutes, to set the sugar mixture.
- Remove from the oven allow to cool and remove from baking pan.