MEXICAN CHICKEN QUINOA ft Kineta James
Joel makes this flavorful healthy dish with Regal Quinoa for social media star Kineta James.
1 ½ cups Regal Quinoa
1 small onion, peeled and diced
1 red sweet pepper, seeded and diced
1 cup sliced fresh button mushrooms
1 tbsp green seasoning
2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp cumin or ground geera
1 tsp all purpose seasoning
½ tsp cayenne pepper or pepper sauce
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
2 cups cooked, diced or shredded chicken (we used rotisserie )
Salt and black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
- Rinse the Regal Quinoa in a fine mesh strainer. Cook the quinoa as directed. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 1 minute. Add the sweet pepper, mushrooms and garlic. Mix well. Cook for another minute or two. Add the smoked paprika, cumin, chili powder, all purpose seasoning and cayenne pepper. Mix into the vegetables. Season with a little salt and black pepper. If the vegetables begin to stick to the base of the pan, add a little water to deglaze.
- Add the black beans and corn, followed by the chicken. Stir into the vegetables.
- Add the cooked Regal Quinoa and mix well. Season with a touch more of salt and black pepper. Let heat through. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve and enjoy.