Pan Seared Swordfish with Tomato & Ginger Sauce
2 (5 – 6 oz) swordfish steaks or fillets, seasoned with salt, pepper
2 oz olive oil
4 oz butter
1 1-inch knob ginger, minced
3 – 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
10 – 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tbsp chopped green seasoning
1 tbsp lime juice
¼ cup white wine or stock (vegetable, seafood or chicken)
Salt and pepper
Few dashes pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Sear the fish 1 – 2 minutes on either side just until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add the butter and allow to melt over medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic, tomatoes, green seasoning, lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the wine or stock and let cook for just a few minutes, until the tomatoes begin to soften.
- Add the swordfish back to the sauce, spooning a little over the fish. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Place in oven and let cook for approximately 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Remove and serve with sauce. Perfect with pasta, rice or provisions.