BLACKENED SALMON WITH LEMON GARLIC PATCHOI ft BLAXX
Joel makes a delicious Blackened Salmon dish with Lemon Garlic Patchoi for soca legend Blaxx .
For the tasting video click – https://youtu.be/ntCHQzzNqhI
4 (4oz) salmon fillets, skinless
Salt and black pepper
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp cayenne pepper
Olive oil to drizzle
2 heads of patchoi, washed and chopped
½ small cabbage, chopped
1 small onion, diced
1 tbsp green seasoning or mix of fresh herbs
2 – 3 medium tomatoes, diced
1/8 cup lemon juice
4 – 5 cloves garlic, minced
2 oz butter (1 oz butter extra, optional)
1 tsp olive oil
- Season the salmon fillets on both sides with salt and black pepper. Mix together the chilli powder, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle the spice mixture evenly on one side of the salmon and place in a lightly greased baking dish. Drizzle each fillet with a little olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat the butter and 1 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add the onions and cook for 1 - 2 minutes. Add the cabbage, a little salt and black pepper and continue cooking for a few minutes more just until the cabbage begins to soften.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, green seasoning and extra butter if using, stirring into the cabbage. Add the patchoi and mix well. When the patchoi wilts, add the tomatoes and a little more salt and pepper. Cover and let cook for 7 – 10 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- While the patchoi is cooking, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bake the salmon uncovered in the preheated oven for 7 – 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon.
- To plate, spoon a bit of the patchoi in the centre of a plate and top with a salmon fillet. Serve with an extra wedge of lime or lemon if desired.