LEMON OLIVE OIL & HERB LOAF -Crazy & Superblue
4 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
Juice of one lemon
Grated zest of lemon
½ cup Bertolli Olive Oil
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
Generous pinch of salt
1½ tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
FOR THE Drizzle
¾ cup icing sugar
1 tbsp (approximately) lemon juice
1 tsp rum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or spray (with cooking spray) a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs with a mixer for 1 – 2 mins or until frothy.
- Add sugar and beat for 2 to 3 more minutes, until the mixture is lighter and smooth.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice and mix until combined.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and rosemary.
- Add the Bertolli Olive Oil and flour mixture to the egg mixture. Using a wooden spoon to mix just until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool and remove from pan.
- For the glaze- Mix together the glaze ingredients to your desired consistency and drizzle over the cake. Slice and serve.