ROASTED VEGETABLE PANINI
4 – 6 slices Kiss Butter Bread
1 medium melongene/eggplant, thinly sliced
1 – 2 sweet peppers, seeded and cut in large chunks
1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
2 – 3 portabella mushrooms, thickly sliced
Slices of cheddar cheese
Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Drizzle the vegetables with a little olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven, until tender and remove.
- Assemble the sandwich - Drizzle a little olive oil on one side of each slice of the Kiss Butter Bread. This will be the outer side of the sandwich.
- Spread the other sides of the bread with mustard. Place a layer of cheese on one slice, followed by some slices of melongene, sweet peppers, mushrooms and onions. Top with another layer of cheese and cover with the other slice of bread.
- At this point the sandwich can be place in a panini press. Alternatively, heat a skillet over medium high heat. Place the sandwich on the hot skillet and place a heavy pan on top of the sandwich which will press down the sandwich. Let cook on one side until golden brown. Flip onto the other side and finish cooking.
- Remove, slice diagonally in half and serve hot.