GARLIC MUSHROOM TOAST
20 – 25 white button or cremini mushrooms, sliced
4 oz butter
6 cloves garlic, minced or finely grated
2 – 3 blades shadon beni, chopped
1 tsp chopped fine thyme leaves
½ cup white wine
½ tsp pepper sauce
½ cup heavy cream
Salt and black pepper
Grated cheddar and/or mozzarella cheese
4 – 6 slices bread, lightly toasted
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and let cook for a few minutes, until the mushroom edges begin to brown. Season with a little salt and black pepper. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and let cook to reduce for just approx. 1 minute. Add the herbs and pepper sauce. Mix well. Add the heavy cream and let cook until the mixture is thickened, stirring intermittently. Taste and adjust seasoning. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Spoon some of the mushroom mixture evenly on the bread slices and place on a baking sheet. Top with the grated cheese. Bake in the oven for a few minutes, just until the cheese melts. Remove and serve.