MACKEREL STUFFED EGGS
As part of celebrating 100 years of Grace Foods, Joel makes these tasty Grace Mackerel Stuffed Eggs for Jus Jase and Chef Sharaz
6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and halved
1 can Grace Mackerel in Oil, drained
1 tsp fresh green seasoning
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp mustard
Salt and black pepper to taste
¼ tsp pepper sauce or cayenne pepper
1 tbsp minced shadon beni
Diced sweet pepper and paprika for garnish
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl and the whites in a serving dish. Mash the yolks with a fork. If doubling the recipe, a hand mixer works well here.
- Remove the small bones from the mackerel if desired. Add the mackerel to the egg yolks and mix into the mashed yolks.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the yolks, except those for garnish.
- Mix together until the mixture is well blended. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Pipe or spoon the mixture into the egg whites.
- Top each egg with a diced pepper. Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate until ready to serve.