MEATBALL PIZZA PIE ft Erphaan Alves
12 – 15 cooked meatballs
1½ cups grated Anchor Cheddar Cheese
1 cup grated Mainland Mozzarella Cheese
½ cup grated Mainland Parmesan Cheese
FOR THE PIZZA DOUGH:
2 ½ cups flour
1 small pack active dry yeast
1 tsp white sugar
1 cup warm water
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 – 2 tbsp cornmeal
FOR THE SAUCE:
1½ cups tomato sauce
1 tsp dried oregano
Pinch of salt
Pinch of sugar
Few dashes Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp pepper sauce or red pepper flakes (optional)
- Mix the yeast together with the warm water and sugar. Let stand for 5 – 10 minutes until
foamy. In another bowl, mix together the flour and salt. Add the yeast mixture and the oil and stir
well until the dough comes together. Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth.
Place dough in a greased bowl and let rest for ½ hour. The dough should be enough for 2 pizzas.
- Sauce : Meanwhile, mix all sauce ingredients together in a small pot over medium heat. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a large round pie dish or deep pizza pan. Sprinkle with a little cornmeal.
- Punch dough down and divide in half. Roll one half dough out on a floured surface and place in the prepared dish, pressing the dough evenly up the sides.
- Mix together the grated Anchor Cheddar Cheese and the Mainland Mozzarella Cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of the sauce evenly over the dough. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheddar and mozzarella mix. Place the meatballs in a single layer over the cheese. Spoon tomato sauce over each meatball. Then sprinkle with the remaining cheese as well as the grated mainland Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 20 – 25 minutes or until pizza is golden brown and cheese bubbling. Let sit for 1 – 2 minutes before slicing and serving.