NUTTY CHOCOLATE TART
Joel makes a simple and decadent chocolate tart with an array of Regal Nuts for Int'l Groovy Soca Monarch College Boy Jesse and his wife Curlene.
15 – 20 chocolate sandwich cookies
2 oz melted butter or margarine
½ cup Regal Walnuts
½ cup Regal Almonds
½ cup Regal Pecans
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1¼ – 1½ cups evaporated milk , half and half or heavy cream
Whipped cream and cocoa powder for garnish
- Lightly spray a tart pan or pie dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put the Regal nuts on a baking tray and place in the oven for 3-5 minutes until lightly toasted. Remove and let cool. Place the cooled nuts in a clear sandwich bag and crush into small pieces but not too fine.
- Place the sandwich cookies in a food processor with a pinch of salt. Pulse until cookies become fine crumbs. Add just enough melted butter to moisten the crumbs. Press into the prepared pan in an even layer, pressing some against the sides. Bake in the preheated oven for 5 – 7 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Place the chocolate chips in a bowl. Heat the evaporated milk either in a microwave or over low heat until the milk just begins bubble. Remove from heat and immediately pour over the chocolate chips. The milk should just cover the chocolate chips. Let stand for 30 seconds, then begin to stir with a whisk.
- Mix well until smooth. Add the toasted nuts to the chocolate and mix well. Pour into the cookie crust and smoothing the top. Cover and place in refrigerator. Refrigerate for a few hours, ideally overnight until set.
- When ready to serve, cut a slice, top with whipped cream and a dusting a cocoa powder.