SALTFISH & OCHRO PIZZA ft SACKIE
Joel makes this interesting pizza combination for Sackie the Artiste using the convenience of Betty Crocker Pizza Crust.
1 pack Betty Crocker Pizza Crust Mix
2 – 3 ochroes, thinly sliced
¾ cup flaked saltfish that has been soaked and drained
2 tomatoes, chopped
Salt and black pepper
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
½ cup grated mozzarella
1 small can tomato sauce
½ tsp dried oregano
Pinch of sugar
½ tsp salt and black pepper
- Mix the Betty Crocker Pizza Crust Mix according to directions. Set aside.
- Heat a little olive oil in a sauté pan. Add the ochroes. Season with a little salt and pepper. Let cook for a few minutes until they begin to soften. Remove from heat.
- Make the tomato sauce: Mix together the tomato sauce, salt, pepper, sugar, garlic and oregano in a small saucepan. Let cook over medium heat for a few minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or lightly grease with butter.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a floured board, about ½ inch thick. Place the dough on the prepared baking pan. Spoon an even layer of tomato sauce over the dough.
- Top with a mix of cheddar and mozzarella cheese, followed by the saltfish, ochroes and tomatoes.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for about 12 - 15 minutes. Remove and slice with a pizza cutter. Serve hot.