1 10 – 12 oz striploin steak
Salt and pepper
1 red beet, roasted and peeled
1 golden beet, roasted and peeled
10 – 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
½ medium avocado, peeled and cubed (drizzled with lime juice)
Thin slivers of Parmesan cheese
Mixed greens (romaine lettuce, spinach leaves, kale)
Creamy Balsamic Dressing
– 3 tbsp mayonnaise
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
Pinch of sugar
Salt and black pepper
- Season the steak with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over high heat. Thinly slice the steak into even strips. Saute the steak quickly over high heat just for 2 – 3 minutes or 4 – 5 on either side for preferred doneness. Remove and let rest.
- Make the dressing: Mix all the ingredients together. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Place an even layer of greens on a serving platter. Arrange the vegetables in decorative heaps over the bed of greens.
- Place the steak strips in the center of the salad. Drizzle with the dressing or serve with the dressing on the side.