1 pack Betty Crocker Pizza Crust Mix
1 small sweet pepper, seeded and chopped
1 small onion, peeled and diced
7 – 9 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cloves garlic, diced
Salt and black pepper
1 cup diced cooked turkey
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 small can tomato sauce
½ tsp dried oregano
Pinch of sugar
½ tsp salt and black pepper
- Mix the Betty Crocker Pizza Crust Mix according to directions. Set aside.
- Heat a little olive oil in a sauté pan. Add the onions and peppers. Season with a little salt and pepper. Let cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic and tomatoes. Cook for a further 1 – 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Make the tomato sauce: Mix together the tomato sauce, salt, pepper, sugar, garlic and oregano in a small saucepan. Let cook over medium heat for a few minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or lightly grease with butter.
- Divide the pizza dough in half and form into 2 balls. Roll each out on a floured board, about ½ inch thick. Spoon an even layer of tomato sauce over the dough but not right out to the edges.
- Spoon some of the vegetable mixture over half of the dough. Top with some turkey and then some cheese.
- Fold the other half of the dough over the mixture and press to seal. This can be done with a fork. Stick the top with a fork to allow the steam to escape. Place the calzones on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 – 17 minutes or until the calzones are golden brown. Remove and let sit for 1 – 2 minutes. Cut diagonally in half and serve.