CHEESY VEGETABLE FRITTATA
5 – 6 large eggs
½ large onion, diced
1 medium red or orange sweet pepper, seeded and diced
1 medium green sweet pepper, seeded and diced
1 cup sliced fresh button mushrooms
4 – 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
¼ cup milk
1 tsp green seasoning
¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
1 – 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 1 minute. Add the sweet peppers and mushrooms to the onions and continue to cook for another 2 minutes. Season with a little salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes and cook for another minute.
- While the vegetables are cooking, add the green seasoning and milk to the eggs. Add a generous pinch of salt and black pepper. Beat the eggs until everything is combined. Add the grated cheddar cheese and whisk into the eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan covering the vegetables. Run a spatula along the sides letting some of the uncooked egg run to the sides. Sprinkle the crumbled feta over the eggs and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 4 – 6 minutes or just until the center is set and the frittata has puffed up. Remove and slide onto the serving plate. Garnish with some chopped herbs and serve immediately.